The joint project with the University of Wuppertal (Germany) is at the intersection of the sociology of education and urban studies, and is focused on the mechanisms of social and ethnic segregation of schools in Russia. The combination of original data on school differentiation, collected by the Laboratory, and the methods of spatial econometrics used by German colleagues (Kerstin Schneider, Anna Makles) will open new opportunities in this area of research.
In collaboration with the New York University (NYU professor and one of the authors of “Unified Theory of Behavior” James Jaccard and NYU research fellow Viktor Lushin) the Laboratory carries out the analysis of data on risk behavior of Russian schoolchildren (smoking, alcohol consumption) and relation between these forms of risk behavior with the socio-psychological characteristics of adolescents.
The partnership with the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) started in 2011, and has both research and educational goals. Professors from Groningen, one of the leading centers of social network analysis, Tom Snijders, Marijtje Van Duijn, and Christian Steglich have given several lectures and workshops on methods of social network research. Laboratory members visited Groningen to consult on current projects and dissertation research.
- Department of Sociology and the Department of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Utrecht University (Netherlands).
- Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Groningen University (Netherlands).
- Cultural Diversity: Opportunities & Socialisation(CUDOS) Program in the University of Ghent (Belgium).
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Health, Medicineand Life Sciences (Netherlands).
- Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS), University of Bremen (Germany).
- Laboratory for Studies in Economic Sociology (HSE, Russia).
- Institute for Educational Studies (HSE, Russia).
- Center of Youth Research (HSE-St.Peterburg, Russia).
- Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (HSE-St.Peterburg, Russia).
- Laboratory for Internet Studies (HSE-St.Peterburg, Russia).
- Center of Institutional Monitoring (HSE, RUssia).
- UNICEF in Russia.
- Red Cross in St.Peterburg (Russia).
- Anna Akhmatova Memorial Museum (Russia).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.