The Laboratory was founded in fall 2007 at the State University Higher School of Economics – St. Petersburg (HSE) together with the program “Promoting Social Studies of Education in Russia” in the European University at St. Petersburg.
Main Aims of the Laboratory – support of research on fundamental and applied issues of the sociology of education and science, integration of educational and research activities, the development of new forms of instruction and the involvement of students in research projects.
Main Activities of the Laboratory:
- Realization of research projects on education and science and publication of original research results;
- Preparation and publication of new research reviews on sociology of education and social problems in education;
- Collection and systematization of Internet resources on sociology and education and social problems in education;
- Development and realization of new forms of scientific instruction in social sciences (field study practice, sociological expeditions, etc.);
- Dissemination of Laboratory research results and translation of research findings into policy papers.
Main Topics of Laboratory Research:
Education and Science Sociology Laboratory focuses on the combination of educational and research processes. Тherefore, our major spheres of regular collective activity are:
- field research — collective summer fieldwork is organized annually by the Laboratory, in addition to basic research tasks such as the collection and primary analysis of empirical material, providing students with the opportunity to obtain the necessary professional fieldwork skills.
- seminars — the weekly scientific seminar, where laboratory researchers and guests speak, is a forum for discussion. Important problems of modern social science, field research and major topics of interest to the Laboratory researchers are discussed here.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.